Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Presents!

Wed 20 Dec 2006

Well, I doubt hardly anyone can escape Christmas's relentless and onward march. You might have gathered that I've been doing a fair bit of eating and drinking and not a lot of writing ... just saving up a lot for the new year!

Anyway, Santa came a bit early to the Eating Leeds grotto ... and deposited a sausage making machine! I've spent the best part of the last year going on about making my own sausages and it's finally going to happen (well, first weekend of January anyway!).

The machine is a very impressive Bomann number: as it's German I'm quite confident it will do well in the sausage making stakes, and I'm just gutted that I can't remember the fantastic German name for it (something involving the word 'fleisch' - which I think just sounds brilliant!).

Along with the machine (which, incidentally, comes with a biscuit making attachment) I also received enough natural casings to make about 200 lbs of sausages, as well as a rusk mix which will enable me to make about 20 kg of sausages! So I have a lot of sausage making to do!

In the first instance, it will be a case of slowly, slowly ... but early in 2007 you should get to see photos of the machine in action and its end product!

tagged with:
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

The full name of the sausage maker is "fleischwolf".

1:45 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

Oh, thank you! I meant to include that in the post on the actual sausage making. I think the German is brilliantly evocative - especially if you sort of anglicise it and imagine the machine wolfing down the flesh!

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home