Thursday, March 08, 2007

Round Up

Thurs 8 Mar 2007

A quick round up this week ... my time's being taken up by writing the first assignment for the gastronomy course! I'm looking forward to some cooking this weekend and before I do that I'll have to catch up on the Bradford Beer Festival last weekend.

In the interim, the Akbar's on Eastgate is extending. Bar 88 closed a long time ago (putting on a brave face with the all the signs suggesting it was closed for refurbishment) and Akbar's is taking over the space. Given the enthusiasm with which I've munched my way through so many curries it's quite remiss of me to not have Akbar's in my portfolio - but rest assured, it is on my list!

There's another food writing competition: The Glenfiddich Food and Drink Awards. You've got until 1 April to put together a restaurant review. Though I warn you ... I didn't win last year, so it must be my turn!

On the subject of competitions, you could always nominate Eating Leeds for the BritBlog Awards, hosted by Metro and Ask.com. You've got until 22 March to come up with reasons why this is a great blog!

After the shameless self promotion, let's move on to a blog of the week: 101 Things Every Cook Should Cook. Just check out those Cornish pasties! I hate it when other people cook the things I've been procrastinating about!

And finally ... although I tend to try a lot of new foodstuffs I rarely write about them. I don't know why, but I think I should redress this. I also drink a lot of coffee (of the black, very strong cafetiere type). I really like green tea and have a box at my desk. I use about one a month. Anyway, this morning I tried a Twinings Pineapple and Grapefruit green tea. I have to confess, I'm not a fruit tea person and while this tea actually smelt really good (like hot pineapple juice) it had a weird taste: green tea but not quite right. Twinings are doing a straight green tea as well as a gamut of fruity ones - but I can't see me needing a new box in the immediate future.
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said, it was my first time making Cornish pasties. So now, I challenge you to make them too. Go on go on go on *poke*

11:19 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

You should see the list of things I have to cook!!! Although I suppose I can use the excuse that they'd be good for lunches at work!

1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home