Thursday, February 08, 2007

Round Up

Thurs 8 Feb 2007

We've escaped January and the eating and drinking action is hotting up ... although we're making a conscious attempt to avoid all the overpriced Valentine menus and saving our energy for the latest Room Wine Club dinner, which is on Monday Feb 19.

This is hotly followed by the Wolf Blass dinner at Gaucho's in Adelaide, South Australia. No - we're not jetting off, but if you're in Australia, dig out your latest issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller and find out when your local one is. If you're in Adelaide - it's Tuesday 27 Feb and costs $AU120 per person.

For us in Leeds, on Friday 2 March we'll be off to a beer masterclass (tickets £10) at Harvey Nicks, followed by dinner in the restaurant crowned Leeds' best last year. And then we'll be rolling on to the train, down to Saltaire for the Bradford Beer Festival. Tickets for the beer festival vary by session - Friday night is already sold out and Saturday day tickets are apparently selling quickly.

In other news, Angel's Share in Chapel Allerton is now doing Sunday lunches. We had a very enjoyable meal there last summer, so we might even manage to get back and sample their laid back approach to Sundays.

And while I'm gearing up for the start of my Professional Certificate in Gastronomy, I'm also now writing for Paper Palate. My biography is already on the site, and hopefully my first piece will be appearing soon.

And finally - a food blog of the week ... I Think I Have a Recipe for That. How true that is! It's a relatively new blog - and the author seems pretty organised (Menu Planning Monday?!) - I wonder how long that will keep up?!
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Hi Alex,

Thanks for putting me in your blog of the week! I laughed a lot about the "pretty organised" bit, as you said, we'll have to see how it goes.
For me, menu planning happened because my partner-in-crime and I both work full time. I hate coming home late, to a fridge filled with slimy mystery vegetables, and no idea what to cook.
Great blog! Enjoy some of that cold weather for me!

Kaz

6:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home