Monday, April 10, 2006

Too much excitement!

Mon 10 April 2006

Imagine my excitement this morning when I read through slashfood and found my very own mention! Hooray for Andrew over at Spittoon and Spittoon Extra!

Not quite so much hooray for the same Andrew for tagging me because now I have to think up some witty and interesting answers (like fun!). And since I spent the weekend cooking and eating I should really be regaling you all with tales of a rhubarb spice cake, some hazelnut choc-chip cookies, a concoction of mash, bacon, smoked black pudding and cabbage, and some wine/beer/pub stories.

Once I get the internet on at home I might find myself catching up ... in the interim ...

1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from foodblogs to try: Since I am drowning in a collection of newspaper cuttings, food magazines and cookbooks I try to avoid finding more things to cook on the internet ... however ... Tomato's Apple Frangipane photo REALLY made my mouth water ... a couple of weeks ago I found my custard recipe thanks to James Tanner on the BBC food website ... I guess Keiko's photos over at Nordljus always make me want to cook, and every now and then something interesting turns up on slashfood. Neither a concise nor strictly accurate response to the question, I'm afraid ...

2. A foodblog in your vicinity: Woo! This is pretty tough ... I've had a good hard trawl of the internet for this and come across A Pint of Ale (OK, not strictly food, but beer and food) which has its home in Pudsey - which also happens to be where I used to live. Recipe for Success is based in Manchester and seems concise.

3 A foodblog (or more) located far from you: Well, anything in Australia ... so I'm going to give Tomato another mention because I love the food fascist comments.

4 A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?): I'm going for Cucina Rebecca. I found it while trawling the web looking for answers to this meme!!!!! I haven't had a good read yet but the potato gratin looks pretty good. Why do my photos never turn out like that??!!

5 Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme? Yep - two I've already mentioned - Nordljus and Tomato.

I'm sorry my answers aren't wildly diverse ... too much time in the kitchen or in the pub ... could be worse!
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Reb said...

Well thanks for the mention Alex, much appreciated! It's great seeing another Aussie blogging about food. Keep up the good work!

9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home