Wednesday, January 07, 2009

7 Random Things About Me

Wed 7 Jan 2009

I'm a very bad person: at the tail end of last year I was tagged a few times for memes and have failed miserably in responding. So, I'm going to redress the back log and start with the Random Things meme. I was tagged for this by Anne, of Anne's Kitchen.

So ... here are my random things (appropriately, no particular order):

1. My favourite food in the world is spaghetti with chilli, oil and garlic. I think this is neither random nor weird - but plenty of people disagree.

2. I cut the tops off tubes to use up all of whatever is in the tube. Again - I think this is normal, but I've been informed otherwise.

3. I think that watching TV is a participation sport. Ditto reading the newspaper.

4. I LOVE entering competitions!

5. I hate peas. I like fresh, raw peas - but cooked peas are utterly wrong.

6. As is Pinotage.

7. I love skiing. Ironically, I did more skiing living in Australia than I've managed in 8 years of living in England.

So - the rules are that I now tag 7 random people and comment on their blogs to let them know.

Here we go.

I'm going to start by tagging Marcus Wareing. Yes, he's a famous chef and yes, his blog hasn't been updated since April last year, but I'm not going to let that stop me! Anyone reading this site often enough will know that I'm something of a fan: I've eaten in his restaurant and cooked (and sung the praises of) plenty of his recipes. Let's see what happens ...

Next is Ros at Living to Eat.

The Half Baked Baker.

Jules, the Domestic Goddess (in training).

Jeanne, at CookSister.

David, at Book the Cook.

And finally - Helen at Beyond Salmon.
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Thank you for the tag :)

7:23 pm  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Thanks for the tag - and in the spirit of new year's enthusiasm, it's done! http://www.cooksister.com/2009/01/griddled-haloumi-cheese-with-fennel-shallots-flat-leaf-parsley.html

Re. Pinotage - sometimes they do turn out nice, I promise! And re cutting the ends off tubes - me too!! I also balance almost-empty chutney/detergent/whatever bottles upside down on the new ones so that the last of the old bottle can run into the new one and not go to waste. Saaaaad.

1:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh we almost have a favourite dish in common. Mine is spaghetti, chilli, olive oil, garlic BUT with parmesan as well.

Great blog by the way, discovered via Twitter (I'm the weirdo who told you it's never too cold to run). I've been meaning to check out York Place for ages so thanks for the £30 offer heads-up. I had the £29 at Hotel du Vin in Harrogate and I highly recommend it: great food, excellent service.

Are you planning on going to the open coffee @ OBH today?

8:31 am  
Blogger Alex said...

Céline - my dad insists you are not meant to have Parmesan cheese on your spaghetti con olio e aglio e peperoni (don't know where he gets his authority from!) but I usually sneak some on!

There are so many good eating out deals at the moment that it's hard to try to stay at home!

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home