Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Potato - A Blog Event

Tues 22 Jan 2008

As I mentioned the other day, it's the International Year of the Potato ... and to me that sounds like the opportunity for a blog event!

Announcing ... The Potato.

For this event, you need to make a potato dish. However, if you can, it would be great if you can seek out a type of potato that you don't normally use, is new to you, or is known for being especially good for whatever you want to do. While you're unlikely to find too much potato exotica in your supermarket, you should be able to pick up something a bit different at a local farmers' market. If you do find something unusual and fancy some research into its history ... that's even better!

To get you started with varieties ... have a look here ...

Write ups by February 29 and the round up to follow early in March. Email me, and make sure you include your name, your blog's name and a permalink.

If you don't have a blog but would like to participate, please feel free to email me details of your dish/potato and a picture and I'll host your write up here.

tagged with:
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Great idea! I'll add the details to IMBB shortly...

6:10 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

Thanks Andrew! I hope you'll also join in!

12:37 pm  
Blogger Siri said...

Hey Alex - Potato being my favorite.. I have to cook sumthing for ur event..:)) Can we send in multiple entries?.. Just curious!

~ Siri

6:47 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

I think I'll restrict it to one recipe per person ... that will make you choose your favourite!

11:03 pm  
Blogger NĂºria said...

Hi! just found your blog and love potatoes, so please count me in!!! Thanks!

3:15 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

Hi Nuria - looking forward to your recipe!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Ivy said...

Who doesn't love potatoes. Count me in.

2:21 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

Great Ivy! I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap as I haven't thought of my own recipe yet!

12:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home