Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Over Excitement

Tues 10 July 2007

With the house moving itself out the way, and just cleaning and unpacking to go, we dragged ourselves back to my old flat to do the floors. My redirection clearly hasn't kicked in quite yet and so there was some mail too. An invitation from Le Cordon Bleu to the graduation dinner for the Professional Certificate in Gastronomy and a letter from DK Publishing.

Back in April, I mentioned that DK in conjunction with the Fairtrade Foundation was running a competition to find recipes for a fairtrade cookbook. Well - I am thrilled to say that my entry (for Japanese style duck breasts with aromatic rice - not published on Eating Leeds as it had to be an unpublished recipe and I'm always unsure where blogs stand) is one of the winners and will be published! The book is not going to be published until late February next year - so you all have to wait to buy it!

I'm very over excited (still) and I am going to be unbearable until the launch party in February next year!

Back down to earth and back to Leeds ...

Sourrain mentioned in a comment that Yo!Sushi are having a rainbow offer: 6 plates, one of each colour for £10 (normally £17.50). The offer is valid until 31 July and you do need to print out the voucher. It's also only available at the Brunswick, Leeds, St Paul's and Soho branches.

The Leeds Food and Drink Festival is running from Aug 8 - 12. Lots of activities during the day but a few evening ones too including sushi making, food and drink matching and a Gujerati experience.

Over on Paper Palate, you can read my latest two reviews: Australian Gourmet Traveller and the Women's Institute 650 Favourite Recipes.

That's enough trumpet blowing from me for a while!
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Alex - will be buying the book I'm sure!

6:44 am  
Blogger Alex said...

Thanks! I'm sure there'll be a big entry about it on here!

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home